In recognition of the International Year of Statistics 2013, the Bernoulli Society has developed several publications devoted to the history of probability and statistics or to the analysis of current and future trends in development of the widely understood statistical science.
The Mathematics Research Center (CIMAT) in Guanajuato, Mexico, is developing a series of videos in which key scientists from different fields talk about the impact of statistics on their work. Click here to view the videos.
The “Statistical Significance” (StatSig) series highlights the important contributions that statisticians make to society, from healthcare and economy to national security and the environment.
The Getstats Campaign promotes the value of statistics is our daily lives
Codes of Ethics for Statistics and Statisticians
- American Statistical Association
- Institute of Applied Statistics Sri Lanka
- International Statistical Institute
- Royal Statistical Society
- Statistical Society of Australia
- Statistical Society of Canada
- European Statistics Code of Practice
- Israel Central Bureau of Statistics
- UK Statistical Authority Code of Practice
- United Nations Statistical Division – Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics
- United States – Principles and Practices of a Federal Statistical Agency
More ethics resources at www.amstat.org/committees/cmtepc/index.cfm?fuseaction=7
Interesting information and a video about careers for statisticians in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Stories about some leading survey statisticians.
Lots of great information about careers in statistics can be found here.
Read about some of the the rich contributions of statisticians to society here.
Statistics saves lives! Read about how the Kaplan-Meier estimator revolutionized drug trials and improved health care.
Statistical methods helped shape election processes in Mexico. See “Statistics and Democracy in Mexico” by Manuel Mendoza R., ITAM, Mexico.
The US National Center for Health Statistics invites you to download a copy of this wonderful poster from their website (scroll to the bottom of the page).